Friday, January 07, 2005

CHIP AND PIN AT LAST - MARVELLOUS!

Is it just me?

Am I the only one who suffers from perfomance anxiety, and loses the plot half way through signing for something with a debit/credit card? I start off ok..

A.

K.

Whoooooah I've forgotten what I'm doing

brain malfunctioning

keep calm

keep caaaaaaalm

No? Just me then.

Well - all hail the chip and pin - the "new" technology that was prevalent in Australia zillions of years ago. (Australians all let us rejoice..) And No. It probably hasn't quite made it to Saaarth Ifrika yet.

No more dodgy scribblings of my own signature!

Lekker.

And while we're at it - why don't we just accept that the National ID card is on it's way. (Now that's something the South African's DO know about. Gee vir my jou passboek, boetie.)

Crazy world.


1 Comments:

Blogger nic said...

Agreed. Chip and Pin rocks. And there's no big deal with ID cards. My Dad still has his old UK one, and it's the same number as his NHS one (but missing a character).

The government's stated reasons for the card may be bollocks but they still seem a good idea to me.

For a Microsoft exam you have to take two forms of ID with your address on, one of which must have your photo on, too. In other words, I have to take my cumbersome Passport with me and something else. One ID card would be so much easier...

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home