Sunday, November 07, 2004

R.I.P. JAVA

Visiting Java in the past was always, without exception, superb. The food was delicious and the staff were first class.

But visiting my favourite establishment in Bath last night was very disappointing. As soon as I walked in, I realised things weren't right. It was like walking into some kind of alternate existence. There were no "ah it's you again" smiles or warm greetings, but instead we were faced with strangers. New management took over last Monday, removed the staff that made it great, and no one consulted us!


It just wasn't the same. They've started cutting costs and have removed rituals that made Java so unique - like the pickled vegetables that used to appear before the meal to cleanse the palate. It was the little extras that made the place great.

Boo. I feel robbed.

I'll have to find a new favourite Bath restaurant with Lekker nosh.

Any recommendations?



1 Comments:

Blogger nic said...

I know you both liked Java, but it always annoyed me. Brown food on brown plates... Never spicy enough or flavoursome enough.

Maybe that's because of my restricted menu choice.

Pizza Hut's pretty good! :-) (I'm so common!)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home