Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A THOUSAND SPLENDID RAINCLOUDS

Today I walked from my home, unaccompanied, to the station.

My head was uncovered (Burqua-less) & I was able to buy a ticket & travel to Bristol without a male chaperone & without question.

Then I walked from Bristol Station to work.

I was still not questioned by any form of morality police; nor was I beaten with a radio arial, a tree branch, or a whip.

I was able to leave my home without fear of public humiliation, beating or arrest.

I am able to work, to study, to read books, to watch television - to have my own interests & to form my own opinions.

For that - I am eternally grateful.

Lekker.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Some pages I cried so much I had to put the book down...yes we are very lucky xx

4:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, indeed.And those people are still suffering after all these years.We are very priveleged to have the right to live our lives as we choose.S

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home